CompEx Ex 01-04 Course
The CompEx Ex 01-04 course provides competence-based training and assessment for electrical and instrumentation personnel working in explosive atmospheres. Practical “hands-on” training and assessment takes place in a realistic simulated environment, giving attendees a comprehensive learning experience that is directly related to a true industry setting.
The course covers the following topics:
- History of Explosive Atmospheres
- Standards and Directives
- General principles
- Area Classification
- Sources of ignition
- Certification and Ex Markings
- Protection Concepts
- Wiring systems & Installation methods
- Inspection and maintenance to IEC 60079-14 & 17
Upon completion of the CompEx Ex 01-04 course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate installation and inspections skills in explosive atmospheres
- Understand the basics of Ex protection methods and where each may be used
- Demonstrate understanding of Ex markings
- Understand which activities are and are not allowed with regards to maintenance and repairs.
- Learning Techniques – In order to provide the highest quality training experience, this course will consist of the following instructional elements
- Instructor-led presentation – The core elements of skill will be presented and demonstrated in a classroom environment.
- Lab exercises – practical demonstrations of skill will be accomplished by the student.
- Final exam – The Final Exam will be administered via an online service. Lab Assessments will also be administered.
- Documentation – The attendee will receive an attendance certificate from ATEC. Upon successfully passing the JTL exam, attendees will receive a CompEx Certificate of Competence that is valid for 5 years.
Practical Assessment Details
- EX01 – Demonstrate ability to select suitably certified equipment & complete a partial-installation of Ex d, e and n equipment.
- EX02 – Inspect & Identify installation errors on Ex d, Ex e and Ex n equipment following IEC 60079-14 requirements.
- EX03 – Demonstrate ability to select suitably certified equipment & complete a partial-installation of Ex i equipment.
- EX04 – Inspect & Identify installation errors on Ex i equipment following IEC 60079-14 requirements.
Course number: AS-CMP-201
Electrical Installation and Inspection Personnel. Assembly manufacturers
All ATEC Training Centres (or clients premises VIA MOBILE FACILITY subject to minimum numbers)
5 Days, 8am to 4pm
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: IECEX 003 and 006 Course – IEC Ex Installation and Testing
The CompEx Scheme is certified by JT Limited – who are accredited via ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Conformity Assessment General Requirements for bodies operating certification of persons who work in explosive atmospheres.
EUTEX now offers a Two Steps CompEx Ex 01-04 Course Online, for more details click here.
For Registration Details
ABOUT EUTEX INTERNATIONAL
EUTEX International is the leading electrical supplier of hazardous area products and services around the globe!
EUTEX is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company that provides hazardous area electrical products including cables, glands, and accessories. The company holds IECEx service facility status which allows our staff to provide hazardous area inspection and maintenance services along with staff training and assembly certification to ensure safe operations in potentially explosive environments.
Working in potentially explosive areas involves multiple risks, so minimizing those risks for the staff and assets is our highest priority.
We have been serving the energy industry since 1998 consistently working towards a safer work environment. EUTEX has built an extensive global footprint by supporting customers who really care about safety by making sure the products and services are a good fit for their purpose and compliant with international and local standards.
To date, EUTEX has registered offices and training centers in Australia, Canada, India, Myanmar, Scotland, Singapore, Thailand, and United Arab Emirates to better serve our global clientele.
1225 North Loop West, Suite #1110 Houston, TX 77008 Office: 713.862.0088 Fax: 832.358.1165