Designed and constructed for the demanding environments of offshore drilling and petroleum facilities located throughout the world.
- High strand count conductors make this product much more flexible, easier to install and more resistant to vibration than Type MC, IEC spec or commercial cables.
- Gexol's lower dielectric constant and higher insulation resistance reduces electrical losses.
- Gexol's excellent resistance to moisture produces stable electrical properties throughout the life of the cable.
- In a fire condition, Gexol's nonchlorinated flame retardant system produces less toxic and less corrosive gases.
- Dual certified IEEE 1580 Type P and UL 1309/CSA 245 Type X110.
- Highest ampacity ratings: ABS 100°C, DNV 95°C, LRS 95°C, Transport Canada 95°C.
- Severe cold durability: exceeds CSA cold bend/cold impact (-40°C/-35°C).
- Flame retardant: IEC 332-3 Category A and IEEE 1202.
- Suitable for use in Class I, Division 1 and Zone 1 environments (armored and sheathed).
- Optional braid armor of bronze or tinned copper.
Ratings & Approvals (Other certifications pending)
- 110°C Temperature Rating
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) 99-BT5905-X
- Transport Canada 8700-20-2
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV) E-6669, E-6388, E-6390, E-6391
- Lloyd's Register of Shipping (LRS) 91/60333 (E6)
- NVE 95/1696, FAL
- UL Listed as Marine Shipboard Cable (E111461)
- United States Coast Guard November 2, 1987 / 9304
- CSA listed as Marine Shipboard Cable (82346)