* E-capture/RFID Savings – EUTEX saw a 25% time saving during initial detailed inspection by using their EUTEX DIGITAL solution at the facility
Hazardous Area Compliance Program at Bulk Storage Facility
Hazardous area compliance program in Singapore for an international oil storage company. In order to consolidate its existing terminalling investments and expand its business internationally, the client turned to EUTEX to ensure an internationally recognized inspection was carried out. – IECEx is the only system that provides an internationally accepted means of proving compliance with IEC standards.
The main goal of this project was to achieve IECEx accreditation. This accreditation assures that there is expertise, impartiality, and auditable procedures in place ensuring any work is done with integrity on behalf and under the scrutiny of IECEx.
EUTEX provides verification, inspection and training services to many industries within potentially explosive atmospheres.
EUTEX completed a campaign of inspections that involved 100 % detailed inspection of all electrical equipment installed within pre-determined Explosive Atmospheres.
The Inspection & Verification Campaign consisted of EUTEX Highly Experienced Certified Inspectors, verifying installation methods and materials for compliance against the relevant certification conditions and standards required for compliant safe use.
- 100 % Detailed inspection.
- RFID tagging system to allow efficient, intuitive future periodic inspections.
- Creation of a complete accurate Hazardous Area Equipment Register (supporting dossier of documentation – with IECEx approval).
- Provision of a recommended list of punches detailing the actions required to ensure compliance to IEC 60079-14/17 standards.
- Provision of a recommendation list of replacement parts(BOM list).
- Provision of Qualitative Analysis to allow RBI strategy to be agreed for future periodic inspections.
EUTEX carried out the project over a duration of 6 months utilizing over 10,000 man hours – all without any Lost Time Accidents (LTA’s) or Incidents (LTI’s) in full compliance with required Client Procedures along with International Standards.
Close/Visual Periodic inspection based on 4,000 tags
- LNG Operations.
- H&S Compliance
- Plant reliability
Keys to Success
- EUTEX Standard Inspections
- Competent Certified Inspectors
- Detailed Project Management
- Ability to interpret Standards and propose cost effective ALARP solutions.
- Removal on intolerable Safety Risk
- Compliance with local & International standards
- Increase in reliability of plant
- Cost savings of over 25% by digitization via SmArTEC systems.
Benefits to clients include
- Compliance with International Standards
- Prioritisation of remedial actions
- Qualitative Analysis applied for future periodic inspections & predictive maintenance
- Assurance that all potential ignition sources were identified & controlled.
SAFETY BEGINS HERE
Hazardous Area Compliance Program - Case Study
ABOUT EUTEX INTERNATIONAL
EUTEX International is the leading electrical supplier of hazardous area products and services around the globe!
EUTEX is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company that provides hazardous area electrical products including cables, glands, and accessories. The company holds IECEx service facility status which allows our staff to provide hazardous area inspection and maintenance services along with staff training and assembly certification to ensure safe operations in potentially explosive environments.
Working in potentially explosive areas involves multiple risks, so minimizing those risks for the staff and assets is our highest priority.
We have been serving the energy industry since 1998 consistently working towards a safer work environment. EUTEX has built an extensive global footprint by supporting customers who really care about safety by making sure the products and services are a good fit for their purpose and compliant with international and local standards.
To date, EUTEX has registered offices and training centers in Australia, Canada, India, Myanmar, Scotland, Singapore, Thailand, and United Arab Emirates to better serve our global clientele.
1225 North Loop West, Suite #705 Houston, TX 77008 Office: 713.862.0088 Fax: 832.358.1165