ATEX Verification Global EPC - Case Study
EUTEX has been supporting one of the largest global EPCs by providing assurance that their projects meet international standards, directives, and equipment specifications in relation to their use within potentially explosive atmospheres. Their project is comprised of seven topside structures, six connecting bridges and six jacket extensions. Our job was to make sure it all meets international standards, directives, and project specifications in relation to their use within potentially explosive atmospheres.
EUTEX have been carrying out OEM Vendor Inspections on behalf of this EPC on a series of process & functional safety equipment throughout OEM facilities in USA, Europe, Middle East & Asia.
The Vendor Inspections involve FAT Testing and “Ex” Inspection of the finished installation involving 100% Detailed Inspection of all Electrical & Mechanical equipment installed.
Benefits to our client
By carrying out an Initial detailed Inspection, we are able to confirm the installation;
Has been installed as per specification laid down in the Project & International Standards being followed:
- Has been installed without damage and as per any conditions of use
- Has a comprehensive “Ex” dossier to back up full compliance “as built”
- Puts the onus on the OEM to rectify any non-conformances at source
- Provides assurance to the end user that a 3rd Party verification has been carried out by an IECEx Certified Inspection Service Facility.
* EUTEX have been engaged on this projects for over 24 months utilizing over 25,000 man hours – all without any Lost Time Accidents (LTA’s) or Incidents (LTI’s) in full compliance with required Client Procedures along with relevant Country & International Standards.
- O&G production
- H&S Compliance
- Plant reliability
Keys to Success
- EUTEX Standard Certification Procedures
- Competent Certified Inspectors
- Detailed Project Management
- Ability to interpret Standards and propose cost effective ALARP solutions
- Removal on intolerable Safety Risk
- Compliance with company & international standards
- Overall project cost savings of over 20% by reducing re-work
- IEC 60079 SERIES
- IEC 80079 SERIES
EUTEX International is the leading company for hazardous area solutions worldwide!
EUTEX is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company that provides IEC standard suitable electrical products including cables, glands, and accessories. The company holds IECEx service facility status which allows our staff to provide hazardous area inspection and maintenance services along with staff training and assembly certification to ensure safe operations in potentially explosive environments.
Working in potentially explosive areas involves multiple risks, so minimizing those risks for the staff and assets is our highest priority.
The company was founded and headquartered in Houston, TX in 1998. With its objective of ZERO incidents and consistently working towards a safer work environment, EUTEX has built an extensive global footprint, including registered offices and training centers in Australia, Canada, India, Myanmar, Scotland, Singapore, Thailand, and United Arab Emirates.
1225 North Loop West, Suite #1110 Houston, TX 77008 Office: 713.862.0088 Fax: 832.358.1165