HAZLOC Verification International O&G Exploration & Production Company
Major Operator turned to EUTEX after their regulator requested an Internationally Compliant Inspection & Verification campaign be carried out to in line with the vessel’s rigorous safety case.
EUTEX carried out a campaign of Inspections which involved the Initial 100 % Detailed inspection of all electrical equipment installed within pre-determined Hazardous Areas.
- Provision of a recommendation list of punches detailing the actions required to ensure compliance to NEC 500 Code
- Provision of a recommendation list of replacement parts(BOM list)
- Creation of a complete accurate Hazardous Area Equipment Register (& supporting electronic dossier of documentation)
- Provision of NEC 500 compliant Inspection Test reports (ITR) – the world’s first digitised system to this code – complete with Initialisation of a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) system to allow monitoring & planning of periodic risk based Hazardous Area Inspection plans.
EUTEX advised client they could complete this project >25% quicker than other parties involved in initial tender, however they are completed even earlier than expected giving client not only a 30% saving in initiating system but ongoing project periodic inspection savings of 50% (= approx. $360k p.a.)
Initial Detailed Inspection based on 48,000 tags
Close/Visual Periodic inspection based on 16,000 tags
EUTEX carried out the Project utilising over 36,000 man hours – all without any Lost Time Accidents (LTA’s) or Incidents (LTI’s) in full compliance with required Client Procedures along with relevant Country & International Standards
- LNG Operations.
- H&S Compliance
- Plant reliability
Keys to Success
- EUTEX Standard Certification Procedures
- Competent Certified Inspectors
- Detailed Project Management
- Ability to interpret Standards and propose cost effective ALARP solutions
- Functionality of RFID software
- Removal on intolerable Safety Risk
- Compliance with company & international standards
- Overall project cost savings of over 20% by reducing re-work
- 3 Year periodic Inspection cost saving in excess of 1 million dollars (US)
- NEC 500
- API RP 500
- API RP 14F
About EUTEX Services
We are a group of companies focused on services related to Hazardous Area Awareness and Asset Integrity. We provide specialized safety training and inspection services for companies who deal with the world of Potentially Explosive Atmospheres. From our inception over 11 Years ago, EUTEX has without a doubt, been the go-to company for hazardous area compliance around the world.
With Offices, Training and Inspection Centers in Houston and Singapore, the group is dedicated to the safety of personnel and asset protection by supplying International NEC / IEC Electrical Cables & Hazardous Area Accessories, Atex, IECEx competence training, including CompEx assessments, facility compliance and equipment inspection services.
Learn more about us here!
1225 North Loop West, Suite #705 Houston, TX 77008 Office: 713.862.0088 Fax: 832.358.1165