CompEx Ex14 Responsible Persons Course
CompEx EX14 aims to assist Responsible Persons meet their legal obligations with regard to maintaining an HA register and implementing a practical approach to inspection and maintenance of equipment in potentially explosive atmospheres.
The course has been designed specifically for people who have the responsibility for; Scheduling inspections, determining inspection frequencies, grades and types of inspection.
Checking inspection team competence, reviewing inspection results and taking appropriate actions based on the inspection results.
People who would like to understand the role or wish to move in to the management or analysis of inspections would also benefit from this course.
- Appropriate Legal Requirements
- Application of relevant standards
- Requirements of 60079-14 – Annex A
- Requirements of 60079-17 – Annex B
- Ignition sources
- Explosion protection principles and techniques
- Relevant standards
- Safe working procedures for explosive atmospheres
- Inspection and Remedial Action Strategy
- Qualitative Analysis for periodic inspections
- Prioritisation of remedial actions
- Competency criteria for persons undertaking activities.
- Overview of IEC 60079-19 – repair
- Management of Inspections
- Assessment will include two multi-choice examinations
Upon completion of the CompEx Ex14 course the student will be able to demonstrate ability to;
- Understand relevant standards
- Understand Explosion protection principles and techniques
- Schedule inspections
- Determining inspection frequencies
- Determining inspection grades & types
- Prioritise remedial actions
In order to provide the highest quality training experience, this course will consist of the following instructional elements
- Instructor led presentation – The core elements of skill will be presented and demonstrated in a classroom environment.
- Final exam – The Final Exam will include two multi-choice examinations
- Documentation – The client and student will receive an attendance certificate from EUTEX. Upon successfully passing the JTL exam the attendee with receive a CompEx Responsible Person Certificate that is valid for 5 years.
Course number: AS-CMP-314
Responsible Persons or Technical Persons with Executive Functions
All EUTEX Training Centres (or clients premises subject to minimum numbers)
4 Days, 8am to 4pm
Engineering qualification and employer letter. Certification issued: Upon successful completion of module, Certification of Competence issued by JT Limited. Valid for 5 years All CompEx courses are based upon IEC Standards, primarily IEC 60079: Parts 10; 14 & 17 and provide certification suitable as a competency validation for persons working in explosive atmospheres
The CompEx Scheme is certified by JT Limited – who are accredited via ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Conformity Assessment General Requirements for bodies operating certification of persons who work in explosive atmospheres
For Registration Details
ABOUT EUTEX INTERNATIONAL
EUTEX International is the leading electrical supplier of hazardous area products and services around the globe!
EUTEX is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company that provides hazardous area electrical products including cables, glands, and accessories. The company holds IECEx service facility status which allows our staff to provide hazardous area inspection and maintenance services along with staff training and assembly certification to ensure safe operations in potentially explosive environments.
Working in potentially explosive areas involves multiple risks, so minimizing those risks for the staff and assets is our highest priority.
We have been serving the energy industry since 1998 consistently working towards a safer work environment. EUTEX has built an extensive global footprint by supporting customers who really care about safety by making sure the products and services are a good fit for their purpose and compliant with international and local standards.
To date, EUTEX has registered offices and training centers in Australia, Canada, India, Myanmar, Scotland, Singapore, Thailand, and United Arab Emirates to better serve our global clientele.
1225 North Loop West, Suite #1110 Houston, TX 77008 Office: 713.862.0088 Fax: 832.358.1165