CompEx ExF Foundation NEC 505 Course
The CompEx ExF Foundation NEC 505 course is part of the training and certification for personnel who work on equipment for use in potentially explosive environments.
The training is designed to provide companies a method to raise hazardous area awareness for their employees, with an internationally recognized competency certificate. For this reason, assessment of the knowledge delivered in the course will be an essential part of the training.
This course includes:
- NEC 505 code of practice
- API RPI 505 for Area Classification
- API RP 14 F for electrical equipment
- Hazardous Location Requirements
- Ignition sources of gas and dust
- Intro to Area Classification
- Equipment for use in explosive atmospheres
- Types of protection
- AEx Markings
Upon completion of the CompEx ExF Foundation NEC 505 course the student will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Basic understanding of NEC 505 – Class & Zone
- Understand the need for additional protections in HAZLOC’s
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of equipment markings.
- Understand activities that are and are not allowed in these areas/this type of equipment.
In order to provide the highest quality training experience, this course will consist of the following instructional elements
- Instructor-led presentation – The core elements of skill will be presented and demonstrated in a classroom environment
- Final exam – The Final Exam will be administered via an online service
- Documentation – The client and student will receive an attendance certificate from EUTEX
Upon successfully passing the JTL exam, the attendee will receive a certificate valid for five years.
Course number: ATEC-CMP-100 – 505
Entry Level (new to Ex and Hazardous Locations)
All EUTEX centers or client premises. (Subject to minimum numbers)
2 Days, 8 am to 4 pm
Upon successful completion of the module, a certification issued by JTL is given and valid for 5 years.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: IECEX 003 and 006 Course – IEC Ex Installation and Testing
For Registration Details
ABOUT EUTEX INTERNATIONAL
EUTEX International is the leading electrical supplier of hazardous area products and services around the globe!
EUTEX is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company that provides hazardous area electrical products including cables, glands, and accessories. The company holds IECEx service facility status which allows our staff to provide hazardous area inspection and maintenance services along with staff training and assembly certification to ensure safe operations in potentially explosive environments.
Working in potentially explosive areas involves multiple risks, so minimizing those risks for the staff and assets is our highest priority.
We have been serving the energy industry since 1998 consistently working towards a safer work environment. EUTEX has built an extensive global footprint by supporting customers who really care about safety by making sure the products and services are a good fit for their purpose and compliant with international and local standards.
To date, EUTEX has registered offices and training centers in Australia, Canada, India, Myanmar, Scotland, Singapore, Thailand, and United Arab Emirates to better serve our global clientele.
1225 North Loop West, Suite #1110 Houston, TX 77008 Office: 713.862.0088 Fax: 832.358.1165