Hazardous Area Inspection for International Oil & Gas Company
Hazardous Area Inspection for an International Oil and Gas Exploration Company - Case Study
Hazardous Area Inspection campaign for an International Oil and Gas Exploration & Production company with a production platform consisting of a drilling rig, pressure reduction equipment, and well testing equipment. Major operator turned to EUTEX to ensure an Internationally recognized Inspection was carried out to meet a rigorous safety case. EUTEX carried out a campaign of inspections which involved an initial 100% detailed inspection of all electrical equipment installed within predetermined hazardous areas.
- Provision of a recommendation list of punches detailing the actions required to ensure compliance to NEC 500 Code
- Provision of a recommendation list of replacement parts (BOM list)
- Creation of a complete accurate Hazardous Area Equipment Register and supporting electronic dossier of documentation
- Provision of NEC 500 compliant Inspection Test reports (ITR) – the world’s first digitized system to this code – complete with Initialization of a Radio Frequency a Identification (RFID) system to allow monitoring and planning of periodic risk based Hazardous Area Inspection plans.
EUTEX advised the client that our team could complete this project >25% quicker than other parties involved in the initial tender. However, the EUTEX team completed the project even earlier than expected giving the client not only 30% savings in initiating system but ongoing project periodic inspection savings of 50% (= approx. $360k p.a.)
EUTEX carried out the Project utilizing over 36,000 man hours – all without any Lost Time Accidents (LTA’s) or Incidents (LTI’s) in full compliance with required Client Procedures along with relevant Country & International Standards.
- O&G production
- H&S Compliance
- Plant reliability
Keys to Success
- EUTEX Standard Certification Procedures
- Competent Certified Inspectors
- Detailed Project Management
- Ability to interpret Standards and propose cost effective ALARP solutions
- Functionality of RFID software
- Removal on intolerable Safety Risk
- Compliance with local & International standards
- Increase in reliability of plant.
- 3 year periodic inspection cost saving in excess of 1 millon dollars (USD).
- NEC 500
- API RP 500
- API RP 14F
SAFETY BEGINS HERE
ABOUT EUTEX INTERNATIONAL
EUTEX International is the leading electrical supplier of hazardous area products and services around the globe!
EUTEX is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company that provides hazardous area electrical products including cables, glands, and accessories. The company holds IECEx service facility status which allows our staff to provide hazardous area inspection and maintenance services along with staff training and assembly certification to ensure safe operations in potentially explosive environments.
Working in potentially explosive areas involves multiple risks, so minimizing those risks for the staff and assets is our highest priority.
We have been serving the energy industry since 1998 consistently working towards a safer work environment. EUTEX has built an extensive global footprint by supporting customers who really care about safety by making sure the products and services are a good fit for their purpose and compliant with international and local standards.
To date, EUTEX has registered offices and training centers in Australia, Canada, India, Myanmar, Scotland, Singapore, Thailand, and United Arab Emirates to better serve our global clientele.
1225 North Loop West, Suite #1110 Houston, TX 77008 Office: 713.862.0088 Fax: 832.358.1165