IECEX 004, 007, 008 Course – IEC Ex Maintenance and Inspection
This course covers maintenance and evaluating the completeness of a hazardous area verification dossier and compliance of the explosion-protected aspects of electrical installations within the constraints of visual or close inspection. It covers evaluating the hazardous area aspects of conducting initial, periodic, and sample audit inspections. It also requires the ability to audit verification dossiers and work safely in hazardous whilst inspecting against standards and reporting on results.
- Prepare for maintenance of EX equipment & wiring
- Maintenance of Ex equipment and wiring systems
- Prepare for inspection of Ex equipment and wiring systems
- Inspection of Ex equipment and wiring systems
- Complete documentation
Prior to taking the assessment, all candidates need to have a basic understanding and knowledge of:
- Common characteristics of explosion-protection techniques
- Ex certification schemes
- Standards for installation in Hazardous Areas
- Ex Principles
- General requirements for testing in hazardous areas
- Explosion-protection checks
- How to take actions to limit risk of an explosion
- Flameproof (Ex ‘d’) explosion-protection technique
- Methods for compliance
- Increased safety (Ex ‘e’) explosion-protection technique
- Type of protection ‘n’ (Ex ‘n’)
- Intrinsic safety (Ex ‘i’) explosion-protection techniques
In order to provide the highest quality training experience, this course will consist of the following instructional elements
- Presentation — The core elements of skills can be presented and demonstrated in a classroom environment or via the EUTEX Elearning initiative here. Candidates must enroll and complete the “_____” Module.
- Certification — on demonstration of competencies required candidates will be awarded IECEX Competency 004, 007 & 008
Course number: AS-IEC-478
Intermediate level (Basic Electrical / Ex Knowledge)
All ATEC Locations (or client’s facility – subject to minimum numbers)
Classroom: 1.5 days training / 0.5 day assessment
Blended Learning: Online at own pace / 0.5 day assessment
- Qualification in a technical subject or trade credentials
- Minimum 3 years Ex installation experience
IECEx Module 001 must be attained before this IECEx module can be awarded
Certification issued: successful candidates will be awarded the IECEx Certificate of Personnel Competence 004, 007 & 008 by our approved IECEx Certification Body.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: IECEX 003 and 006 Course – IEC Ex Installation and Testing
ABOUT EUTEX INTERNATIONAL
EUTEX International is the leading electrical supplier of hazardous area products and services around the globe!
EUTEX is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company that provides hazardous area electrical products including cables, glands, and accessories. The company holds IECEx service facility status which allows our staff to provide hazardous area inspection and maintenance services along with staff training and assembly certification to ensure safe operations in potentially explosive environments.
Working in potentially explosive areas involves multiple risks, so minimizing those risks for the staff and assets is our highest priority.
We have been serving the energy industry since 1998 consistently working towards a safer work environment. EUTEX has built an extensive global footprint by supporting customers who really care about safety by making sure the products and services are a good fit for their purpose and compliant with international and local standards.
To date, EUTEX has registered offices and training centers in Australia, Canada, India, Myanmar, Scotland, Singapore, Thailand, and United Arab Emirates to better serve our global clientele.
1225 North Loop West, Suite #1110 Houston, TX 77008 Office: 713.862.0088 Fax: 832.358.1165