IECEX 009 Course – Design Electrical Installations in or Associated with Explosive Atmospheres
This course ís based on various parts of the IEC 60079 series. It includes a review of the candidates’ work and training records in the field. The IECEx 009 course will provide the attendees with the ability to classify areas where explosive materials may exist.
It requires the ability to gather and analyze data relative to explosion hazards, determine the extent of risk and establish and document zones.
IECEx 009 Course Contents
- Legal requirements and standards
- Properties of explosive gases and vapors
- Properties of combustible dust
- Hazardous area classification procedures and techniques
- Equipment selection
- Record keeping – verification dossier
- Explosion protection techniques
Course Assessment Details
Prior to assessment candidates should be sure to have an understanding of:
- The explosion-protection aspects of designing electrical power, control, and instrumentation systems and installations
- Hazardous area classification noting that the zoning of hazardous areas can be different depending on local and international regulations and rules
Course number: AS-IEC-009
Experienced electrical tradesmen and engineers working in or associated with explosive atmospheres.
All EUTEX Locations (or client’s facility – subject to minimum numbers)
Classroom: 1.5 days training / 0.5 day assessment
Blended Learning: Online at own pace / 0.5 day assessment
- Qualification in a technical subject or trade credentials
- 3 years of Ex installation experience
- IECEx 001 must be attained before taking this module
Competence in this unit shall be assessed in combination with, or after gaining other competence required by a given industry or enterprise for plant or machinery operation or installations, maintenance or service functions.
ABOUT EUTEX INTERNATIONAL
EUTEX International is the leading electrical supplier of hazardous area products and services around the globe!
EUTEX is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company that provides hazardous area electrical products including cables, glands, and accessories. The company holds IECEx service facility status which allows our staff to provide hazardous area inspection and maintenance services along with staff training and assembly certification to ensure safe operations in potentially explosive environments.
Working in potentially explosive areas involves multiple risks, so minimizing those risks for the staff and assets is our highest priority.
We have been serving the energy industry since 1998 consistently working towards a safer work environment. EUTEX has built an extensive global footprint by supporting customers who really care about safety by making sure the products and services are a good fit for their purpose and compliant with international and local standards.
To date, EUTEX has registered offices and training centers in Australia, Canada, India, Myanmar, Scotland, Singapore, Thailand, and United Arab Emirates to better serve our global clientele.
1225 North Loop West, Suite #1110 Houston, TX 77008 Office: 713.862.0088 Fax: 832.358.1165