Deep Channel Slotted
- Steel with a Minimum yield strength 280 N/mm.
- Beams are assumed to be simply supported.
- Load and deflection are calculated using a safety factor of 1.6 and allowable stress of 175 N/mm.
- Results given are for Pre-galvanized steel, Hot dipped galvanized will reduce the stress due to the heat treatment and reduce the loading in the chart by a factor of approx 18%.
- Beam loads are calculated from the column face and effective length in BS5950.
The tables show
1) The max safe working load
2) the load to give 1/200 deflection
3) load to give 1/360 deflection – the deflection used will depend on the installation designer.
- This also applies to Point and UDL loads.
- Intelok Slotted Deep Channel
- Stock Houston – Ships Today
- 1-5/8″ x 1-5/8″ (2.5mm) 12-Gauge
- 1.4404 (316L Stainless Steel)
- 3m (10’) Lengths